The Scrum Master position requires an individual with a bias for action that will be responsible for providing effective collaboration, facilitation, leadership, and coaching skills to support the agile development process. As an agile expert, the Scrum Master is responsible for enforcing the agile principles as well as removing impediments and promoting empowerment through self-organizing teams. This role will take an active role in guiding their teams and organization on leveraging agile practices and values to maximize the delivery of business value for their stakeholders. The Scrum Master will receive mentorship from Sr Scrum Master and Sr Manager IT Agile Transformation.
This position will be responsible for leading the Workday Time Clock team and additional teams.
• Serves as Scrum Master for 3 - 4 Agile teams.
• Establishes and upholds Agile values and principles including collaboration, fostering a culture of openness, team self-organization, continuous improvement and flexibility to adapt to emerging business needs.
• Coaches teams on the basics of Scrum and/or Kanban.
• Coaches IT and Business Leadership on Agile principles to facilitate change.
• Proposes, champions, and empowers experimentation for agile teams in their development goals.
• Anticipates issues that may develop and organizes team resources to evaluate and resolve.
• Facilitates Agile ceremonies including daily stand-ups, sprint reviews, sprint planning and sprint retrospectives.
• Establishes Agile backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity and task definitions.
• Focuses teams to deliver value quickly through iterations.
• Coordinates across other Agile and traditional teams for complex projects.
• Escalates and/or resolves impediments to help your team ship code on regular intervals.
• Tracks and communicates team velocity and sprint/release progress.
• Updates Agile tracking systems to provide transparency on Product and Sprint Backlogs in order to measure & monitor against the team’s commitments.
• Facilitates discussions and manages conflict resolution effectively.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
• Scrum Master certification.
• Strong understanding of Scrum techniques and its associated artifacts, including User Stories, Backlog Refinement, Definition of Done, etc.
• Minimum of 3 years of combined technology development experience in a Scrum Master, Project Manager, or Developer role.
• Minimum of two years of experience as a Scrum Master.
• Proven successful experience in converting development teams to agile processes
• Demonstration of knowledge of various agile techniques – Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, etc.
• Proven successful experience in leading and driving complex, time critical software development projects.
• Experience with software development best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations.
• Outstanding communication skills
• Strong time management and organizational skills
We look forward to reviewing your application. We encourage everyone to apply - even if every box isn’t checked for what you are looking for or what is required.
PDSINC, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.