Release Train Engineer
The Agile Release Engineer is responsible for the scheduling, coordinating, and the execution of releases across the enterprise. This role will work closely with development teams, project managers, and other key stakeholders to ensure that software releases are delivered successfully. The Agile Release Engineer is responsible for overseeing the release process, identifying risk, and communicating with stakeholders. They will work to ensure the release process is repeatable, scalable, and efficient.
Oracle ERP will replace the current billing software (InfoPro & CBS) with an updated system that has increased capabilities. The implementation of Oracle for the Order-To-Cash system would position us to standardize and centralize the processes leading to a stronger foundation for growth.
• Implementing and managing release processes for code through development, test, and production environments. The Release Manager Job function works collaboratively with all participants in software development projects and is supportive of developers and testers as they set up their build dev/test environments.
• Works with IT management to improve the software engineering processes and practices associated with continuously building, deploying, and updating software and environments.
• The Release Management responsibilities also include building the IT Release Calendar in working closely with the IT release managers from different portfolios across IT and centralizing view of all releases. Leads the effort of defining the IT strategic direction for release management tools for IT to ensure the process requirements of release management are built in. The Release Manager will assist in managing projects and interdependencies to ensure milestone adherence to ensure the integrity of the release can be measured.
• Forward Plan the release windows and cycles across a portfolio
• Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule, and quality.
• Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations.
• Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications, or operating system updates.
• Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes.
• Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at various locations.
• Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews.
• Produce Deployment, Run Books, and Implementation Plans
• Weekly Release Reporting
• Communicate release details and schedules to the Business as required.
• Negotiate, plan, and manage all release activities.
• Work with release engineers to understand impacts of branches and code merges.
• Maintains the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors.
• Continually work towards making improvements in the release process
• Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists.
• Develops scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms.
• Participate in CAB meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks.
• Maintains a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists.
• Research new software development and configuration management methodologies and technologies and analyzes their application to current configuration management needs.
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
• 4+ years working in an Agile environment and strong knowledge of methodologies related to Agile.
• 3+ years of experience with release management in an Agile environment
• Familiarity with software development tools such as Git, Jenkins, and Rally
• Proven knowledge of continuous integration and continuous delivery practices
• Experience with release automation tools such as…
• Familiarity with cloud computing platforms such as AWS and Azure
• Knowledge of containerization technologies such as Docker or Kubernetes
• 2-6 years of previous release and/or project management experience, (Solid understanding of project management principles preferred)
• 8-10 years of experience in information systems operations environment in systems analysis or development
• Formal training in project management practices preferred.
• Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion.
• Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills.
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills are necessary.
• General PC knowledge including Microsoft Office expert level knowledge of Excel, working Knowledge of Access
We look forward to reviewing your application. We encourage everyone to apply - even if every box isn’t checked for what you are looking for or what is required.
PDSINC, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.