Job Number: 22922
Workplace Type: Remote
Contract to hire
Job Title: Senior Engineer - Enterprise Analytics (EA)
- Design and deliver comprehensive solutions in the EA product roadmap aligned with the company’s long-term vision and business objectives.
- Improve adoption of EA products by developing and maintaining the Data Platform to ensure system efficiency and reliability.
- Guide a team of developers in design, development, implementation, and support activities.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Provide a high level of technical expertise in building, developing, and maintaining our EA cloud infrastructure as code in AWS, ensuring security by design and adherence to company guidelines and industry best practices.
- Collaborate with department analytics and technology teams to identify solutions for data analytics initiatives.
- Perform full life cycle development, including requirements gathering, analysis, design, development, documentation, implementation, testing, and debugging of the AWS RedShift and Data Lake.
- Develop and optimize AWS Redshift data warehouse solutions for efficient data processing and analytics.
- Utilize Redshift's features and best practices to ensure high-performance query execution.
- Implement data modeling and schema design in Redshift to support business reporting requirements.
- Create and maintain ETL processes to load and transform data into Redshift from various sources.
- Monitor and fine-tune Redshift clusters for optimal query performance and resource utilization.
- Stay current with Redshift updates, enhancements, and integrations to leverage the latest capabilities.
- Collaborate with data analysts to create and maintain data views and business-critical reports within Redshift.
- Develop and implement proactive monitoring and performance tuning of critical EA services to ensure availability.
- Stay up to date with emerging cloud and Business Intelligence technologies, evaluating their potential benefits and making recommendations for their adoption.
- Work closely with the product manager to determine longer-term technical needs and direction.
- Develop and implement cost-effective approaches and/or automation solutions to lower operating costs.
- Develop and maintain documentation for EA configurations, processes, and procedures.
- Ensure data backups, disaster recovery, and business continuity strategies are in place and regularly tested.
- Minimum 8 years in infrastructure or software development.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in an AWS Environment.
- Minimum 2 years of coding experience with an understanding of Infrastructure as code. Proficient in coding in any of the following: CloudFormation (CDK), Terraform, Python.
- Comprehensive understanding of complex data models or Structured Query Language (SQL), including the ability to perform effective querying involving multiple tables and subqueries.
- AWS experience with Glue, Storage Gateway, DMS, VPC, IAM, Security groups, Code Pipeline, and Code Build.
- Experience in an agile software development environment is preferred.
- Strong problem-solving, quantitative, and analytical abilities.
- Must be comfortable working in cross-functional and multidisciplinary teams.
- Solid understanding of design patterns that are optimized for operating in the cloud.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Hospitality industry knowledge is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
We look forward to reviewing your application. We encourage everyone to apply - even if every box isn’t checked for what you are looking for or what is required.
PDSINC, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.