Job Category: Project Management
Job Number: 22876
Workplace Type: On-Site
A Project Engineer supports product qualification from start to finish and delivers a high-quality output. The Project Engineer position is cross functional opportunity were experience in design, manufacturing and test functions are used to support project goals. Project Engineers assist with initiating, planning, executing, monitoring, controlling, and effectively closing programs within schedule and cost. They are responsible for managing sub-projects and reporting on technical, cost and schedule status to relevant stakeholders.
This position is 100% onsite and no remote or hybrid is available at this time.
The Project Engineer responsibilities include:
- Support project development, qualification and production efforts
- Collaborate with leadership to support development of products that are discrepancy free in production and that meet all the technical requirements
- Engage with managers to lead the assigned resources to best meet program objectives within schedule and scope
- Author test directives, test reports and qualification documents
- Conduct Engine and component testing
- Oversee Engine and test article assembly, disassembly and investigation of test anomalies
- Clearly communicate via written and oral communication to internal and external customers
- Bachelor’s in Engineering
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- Practical engineering design, analysis, test and manufacturing job knowledge
- An ability to summarize and present critical elements of a program, the current status and future plans
- Strong decision-making experience when it comes to both analytical thinking and problem-solving
- Proficiency using NX, Teamcenter and Python desired but not required
- Possess a working knowledge of gas turbine engines with an intermediate to advanced knowledge of turbomachinery failure modes
- Knowledge of gas turbine engine hardware and associated manufacturing techniques
- Comprehension of electro-mechanical components and Electrical and Mechanical Engineering principles
- Evaluation of product designs for functional performance, assembly and risk
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Functional experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint) and program management software
- Physical lifting requirements include; ability to lift 50 pounds (4 inches to 25 inches), capable of pushing or pulling a weight of 60 pounds, a grip strength of at least 50 pounds, and be able to reach above the shoulder (65 inches).
- U. S. citizenship is required. Position requires the ability to obtain a U. S. Government Security Clearance, if needed. Candidates selected may be subject to a U. S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Compensation: $130 - 150k
We look forward to reviewing your application. We encourage everyone to apply - even if every box isn’t checked for what you are looking for or what is required.
PDSINC, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.