Job Category: Mechanical Engineer
Job Number: 23133
Workplace Type: Hybrid
Process Engineer II
About the role:
The primary responsibility of this position is Project Engineering, supporting projects in any way required from a CAD or project management perspective, and developing documentation. The top priorities of this job include site audits, creation of conceptual, detailed and as-built layouts, coordination with plant, assisting with project implementation and the scheduling of vendors and contractors.
The primary responsibilities of this position are to manage and execute projects within scope, schedule and budget and to provide technical expertise in the field.
What you'll do:
Our ideal candidate:
- Assist the Engineering Manager in defining projects.
- Conduct site audits and complete facility surveys.
- Create as-built, conceptual layout and construction/installation drawings.
- Communicate with customers, vendors and contractors.
- Perform calculations for utilities: system design for ammonia refrigeration, glycol distribution, CO2 supply, liquid and gaseous nitrogen supply, water treatment, effluent treatment, product batching, steam, natural gas and compressed air
- Develop scope-of-work documents.
- Develop and send mechanical RFQ/RFP packages to vendors and contractors.
- Create site book and bid book documents and drawings.
- Coordinate and conduct on-site bid meetings with mechanical contractors.
- Review and ensure that vendor and contractor quotations are correct and present to Engineering Manager.
- Compare vendor and contractor quotations, develop quote/bid comparison documents and assist the customer in awarding a contract.
- Assist with scheduling of vendors and contractors.
- As needed, assist with project start-up and implementation.
- Coordinate contractors and vendor service technicians during machinery installation.
- Assist in development of budget.
- Research companies and machinery within industry to become familiar with new processes and technologies.
- Assist in developing and improving company standards through drawings and information database of machinery and raw material.
- Train employees on AutoCAD and other software.
- As needed, provide electrical engineering assistance such as electrical layouts, panel schedules, one-lines, network diagrams and sensor layouts.
Education and experience
Skills and abilities:
- B.S Degree in Engineering or Engineering Management is required
- Two years of relevant experience in a high-speed packaging manufacturing, or system design environment
- Mechanical engineering knowledge with design engineering and project management background
- Manufacturing field experience, especially in the food and beverage industry, is strongly preferred
- A background in a production environment as a project engineer, maintenance manager, and/or production manager preferred
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Project; AutoCAD
- 10-20% travel expected to client sites, depending on project needs
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Experience with developing permit drawings for submittal to city & county plan checks
- Proficient in AutoCAD and the N.E.C.
- Proficient in RS Logix programming software
- Experience with Wonderware is preferred
- Ability to operate successfully with minimal supervision
- Outstanding written skills
- Exceptional organization and time management skills
- Excellent technical skills and knowledge of manufacturing project planning, process systems, equipment, and operations
- Ability to build and maintain successful relationships both internally and externally
- Ability to work well within all levels of the client company
- Ability to resolve problems, make decisions and be creative to keep activities moving forward toward a positive result
- Ability to create and update Gantt chart-style schedules
- Ability to read, interpret and mark up manufacturing line drawings
- Ability to create a project plan, using logical thinking
- Ability to successfully prioritize and execute against an organized plan
- Ability to read, interpret and mark up manufacturing line drawings is a plus
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay; commensurate with experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, STD, and LTD
- Paid time off
- 401k with up to 4% employer match
- Flexible and Hybrid work schedule
Compensation: $48 - 64/hr.
We look forward to reviewing your application. We encourage everyone to apply - even if every box isn’t checked for what you are looking for or what is required.
PDSINC, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.