IT Principal Architect - Network
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR THIS POSITION:
The IT Principal Architect – Network will lead our organization's technical networking strategy and help oversee implementation efforts. As the IT Principal Architect, you will be responsible for driving the design and implementation of innovative networking solutions that meet the business needs of our organization. You will also be responsible for leading the development of our cloud, SASE, SDWAN, ZTN strategies as well as focus on the future for route, switch, wireless, and firewall technologies.
In this role the IT Principal Architect will develop and maintain our organization's networking architecture, ensuring it is aligned with business goals and objectives. You will work closely with stakeholders across the organization to understand their networking requirements and recommend standard solutions that meet their needs. A key role will be to collaborate with other architects and technical teams to ensure seamless integration of networking solutions with other systems and technologies. The IT Principal Architect will also stay up to date with emerging technologies and trends in the networking space and evaluate their potential for adoption within our organization. The role will also lead or participate in feasibility studies, RFI development and capital budget planning. Position provides technical information regarding current and future industry concepts, hardware, and software.
This role will also provide technical leadership and guidance to other members of the IT Network Services team as well as develop and maintain detailed technical documentation for all networking solutions and processes. It also performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards.
This position includes influencing the vision and strategy of IT for the company. This is a thought leader who stays up on the latest technology trends, understands the market changes, and our business needs – then develops and drives the direction. Provides industry-leading thought-leadership in contributing to the enterprise architecture strategy & planning. In addition, the position contributes to the development of multi-year plans in alignment with business and IT strategy and facilitates the development of strategies across multiple disciplines/domains. Partners and collaborates with other Leaders and peers and architecture teams, to develop and drive strategies, work on special projects, and solve complex problems facing IT. This position acts as the face of an IT organization to other areas of the organization and works closely with senior leadership on new initiatives. The position helps establish and mature communities of practice, in areas of expertise. In addition, this position coaches and mentor’s other IT staff in area of expertise, consults in design of multiple projects across multiple disciplines/domains and communicates the representative organizations strategy.
1. Relentless focus on delivering outcomes and value to our business. Makes insightful, successful business decisions and suggests tradeoffs by assessing the internal and external business landscape, strategies, opportunities, strengths and weaknesses. Involves knowledge of the industry – and awareness of the key trends shaping the future of the corporation. Designs, plans, and works with IT Architects to integrate new solutions into existing systems.
2. Ensures Technology Standards are documented and solution adherence.
3. Establishes, reviews, documents, maintains and publishes functional technology standards and architecture principles for enterprise consumption. Creates solution patterns in focused technology domains. Ensures consistent adherence to standards for architectural artifact documentation and implementation. Develops and maintains domain specific capability documentation.
4. Brings new, innovative and original thought leadership to the organization and successfully implements them across the organization. Outside-in thinking, assess conventional work products and processes, define new concepts, and manage change across the organization in implementing them. Commitment to increasing knowledge and skills in current technical/functional area, keeping up to date on technical developments, staying informed as to industry practices, knowing how to apply relevant technical processes to appropriate business needs. Deploy experimental solutions that meet emerging business needs.
5. Develops and fosters relationships with business stakeholders, vendor partners, and information technology management. Acts as advisor and mentor to others and maintains in-depth knowledge of business strategies, initiatives and goals as well as industry trends, regulatory requirements, and cybersecurity threats. Advises functional leaders and executives making strategic investments in applications, databases, technologies, systems, technical services, or processes as a result of architectural development and cybersecurity risk assessments. Leads peers by example and influence. Unites others in purpose, supporting key initiatives – both individually and in a group setting. This involves articulating the new possibility for others – leads and engages others in direct, positive, meaningful conversations. Resolve disputes and produce an agreement, that is perceived as a collective advantage to all parties involved. Tailor the process, behavior and substance of the negotiation in order to reach agreement.
6. Visualize and plan for outcomes in the future and sustain work in achieving the outcomes. Defines roadmaps and transition architectures to bridge the gap from current to future state for business, information and technology capabilities. Support short-term trade-offs in order to achieve longer term gain. Maintains perspective and establish context. Recognize patterns and predict outcomes – and leverage them to redirect personal and/or teamwork effort in the optimal direction.
7. Supports and promotes architecture governance and ensures architectures are aligned to business priority, comply with reference architecture standards, policy and regulatory requirements.
8. Ensures Key Performance Indicators are established and tracked in all levels of work effort. Clearly defines success and implements the measurements to understand when success is achieved.
9. The scope for this role is the entire Enterprise. It includes the people, processes, information and technology of the enterprise, and their relationships to one another and to the external environment. Peer group is Architects and Sr to Executive Leadership.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENT FACTORS
OE - Typical Office Environment: (Accountant, Administrative Assistant, Consultant, Program Manager)
Requires extensive sitting with periodic standing and walking.
May be required to lift up to 20 pounds.
Requires significant use of personal computer, phone and general office equipment.
Needs adequate visual acuity, ability to grasp and handle objects.
Needs ability to communicate effectively through reading, writing, and speaking in person or on telephone.
May require off-site travel
Not a safety sensitive position.
Requires Master’s degree or equivalent of eight plus years of work experience in a related field.
Architecture certification will be required in designated area.
Requires fifteen plus years of current and progressive experience in architecture at the enterprise-scale, including twelve plus years' experience with implementing and adapting Architecture Frameworks and architecture modeling and eight plus years’ experience in a healthcare environment.
Requires proficient understanding of regulatory and compliance mandates, including but not limited to HIPAA, HITECH, PCI, Sarbanes-Oxley. In addition, requires technical project experience designing, developing, integrating, and implementing solutions to resolve complex technical and business issues. As is typical in this industry, variable shifts or on-call hours and responding to off hour paging may be required.
Graduate degree preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
We look forward to reviewing your application. We encourage everyone to apply - even if every box isn’t checked for what you are looking for or what is required.
PDSINC, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.