Job Number: 22966
Workplace Type: Hybrid
Compensation: Market Rate
An IT Desktop Engineer is responsible for providing technical support to end-users within an organization. This role involves diagnosing and resolving hardware and software issues, configuring, and maintaining desktop and laptop systems, and ensuring a smooth and efficient computing environment for employees.
Education and Experience
- Desktop Support: Provide technical assistance to end-users via phone, email, in-person, or remote desktop tools to diagnose and resolve hardware and software issues including its peripherals devices.
- Hardware Maintenance: Install, configure, and maintain desktop, laptop and ‘Thin client’ hardware components, including upgrades and replacements. Troubleshoot hardware problems and coordinate repairs with vendors when necessary.
- Software Support: Install, configure, and troubleshoot software applications, operating systems, ‘Thin client’ software, and security updates. Assist with software licensing and compliance.
- User Account Management: Create, modify, and deactivate user accounts, email addresses, and access permissions as needed. Ensure proper access control and user authentication.
- Network Connectivity: Assist users in connecting to the network, troubleshooting network issues, and configuring VPN and Wi-Fi connections.
- Security: Ensure that security protocols and antivirus software are up to date. Educate users on security best practices and assist in virus/malware removal
- Documentation: Maintain accurate records of support requests, resolutions, and hardware/software inventory. Create and update user guides and knowledge base articles.
- Hardware and Software Procurement: Assist in the selection and procurement of IT equipment and software licenses. Manage inventory and asset tracking.
- IT Policies and Compliance: Enforce company IT policies and procedures, as well as compliance with relevant regulations, such as data protection and privacy laws.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field (often preferred, but not always required).
- Proficiency in Windows operating systems.
- Familiarity with software applications, including Microsoft Office365 and antivirus tools.
- Working knowledge of AWS console and its EC2 services.
We look forward to reviewing your application. We encourage everyone to apply - even if every box isn’t checked for what you are looking for or what is required.
PDSINC, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.