Job Category: Mechanical Engineer
Job Number: 22942
Workplace Type: On-Site
We are looking for a candidate with subject matter expertise in the development and qualification of aerospace-related pyrotechnic and energetic components; e.g., gas generators, initiators and igniters. The Energetics Engineer should be knowledgeable of and will be responsible, under minimal direction, for supporting the following specific areas of effort related to energetic devices used in WI engines:
- Creation of requirements and specifications, and verification of requirements throughout the life cycle of the product
- Interpreting relevant government regulations, requirements, procedures, and safety standards
- Component and propellant design, analysis, and manufacturing
- Development and qualification testing including planning, execution, and data reduction
- Preparation, documentation and communication of test plans and reports
- Minimum 10 years of experience in development and qualification of energetic components
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a relevant science/engineering or systems/project management discipline (e.g., Chemistry, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Project Management)
- Understanding of Requirements Verification and Validation processes
- Strong organizational and analytical skills and attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills, as well as effective negotiation and conflict-resolution skills
- Written communication skills and proficiency in document preparation
- Familiarity with applicable ammunition and explosive certification processes
- U. S. citizenship is required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Position requires the ability to obtain a U. S. Government Security Clearance, if needed. Candidates selected may be subject to a U. S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Compensation: $100 -160k
We look forward to reviewing your application. We encourage everyone to apply - even if every box isn’t checked for what you are looking for or what is required.
PDSINC, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.