Job Category: Software Engineer
Job Number: 22286
Workplace Type: Remote
Full Stack Engineer
As we commit to progress over perfection, we recognize that every day is an opportunity to be innovative and adaptable. We hire good people for a brighter tomorrow. We are actively hiring for an Staff Software Engineer.
- Serves as a lead software engineering resource on the Digital Engineering team while building next generation of customer-facing web & mobile applications.
- Leads the design, delivery, and maintenance of large-scale and complex software applications within a specific technology or application area.
- Works with stakeholders to design and deliver clear, pragmatic solutions with applicability to meet immediate business needs.
- Develops clear and complete design artifacts as needed to illustrate Digital Engineering technology.
- Advises teams during design sessions, implementation planning, code reviews, and troubleshooting for all Digital applications.
- Understands and communicates tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Stays up-to-date on new technologies and methodologies, and continuously seeks opportunities to expand skills and knowledge.
- Collaborates with Leads and Architects to establish a technical vision for various projects and experiences.
- Proactively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions that improve the team’s software, making it better and easier to maintain.
- Is an integral voice in establishing and evangelizing DevOps practices to optimize team efficiency.
- Participates in recruiting, hiring, and mentoring exceptional software engineering talent.
- Works closely with other functional teams including Integrations, Policy Administration, Claim Administration, and Product to solve complex integration challenges.
- Ensures that technical solutions are aligned with Enterprise Architecture and applications and systems are built for uninterrupted availability, meet performance requirements, future extensibility, multiple system integrations, long-term growth, and low-maintenance support.
- Mentors and coaches more junior Engineers.
What would make us excited about you
- Experience working in an Agile delivery environment.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, deliverables, and timelines.
- Ability to develop technical solutions based on requirements from product, technology, and support teams.
- Ability to work with onshore/offshore teams, and comfortable working in a virtual environment.
- Ability to participate in the interview process and help your team train and mentor interns and apprentices.
- Experience using unit testing frameworks.
- Experience using code analysis tools such as PMD, Checkstyle, Findbugs, and Sonar.
- Experience building and consuming RESTful web services.
- Experience with fully automated QA (TDD, BDD, Performance, Security, Integration/Compatibility, Regression, and Functional Testing), API-Driven Development and systems design, Engineering Best-Practices, Designing/Developing in a cloud-based environment.
- Experience supporting complex systems with significant integration points and external third-party systems through APIs.
- Strong customer relationship, interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding oral, written, presentation and listening communication skills.
- Effective decision-making skills, even under pressure and while lacking all of the desired detail.
- Deep understanding of Object-oriented design principles and other design patterns (e.g. MVC, serverless, etc.).
- Experience with performance optimization techniques.
- Experience deploying to cloud platforms such as AWS.
- Demonstrated mastery of software development best practices, including code standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Working experience of Cloud architectures, services, and DevOps practices within AWS.
- Understanding of front-end technologies including experience with React, Typescript, and Node.js.
- Experience with open-source user authentication tools and methods.
- Experience with log management and user monitoring tools.
- 5+ years' successful professional experience in the design, delivery, and support of complex projects across web platforms & mobile applications.
- 2+ years' deep and direct hands-on experience with the specific technologies used in the teams' systems/solutions.
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.); Bachelor's degree in related area or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Shows respect for differences through excellent communication skills with people from an array of backgrounds
- Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we’ll let you in on a secret: there’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. is a place where everyone can grow. So, however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if you meet most of the requirements (not all) and this is a role that would make you excited to come to work every day.
We look forward to reviewing your application. We encourage everyone to apply - even if every box isn’t checked for what you are looking for or what is required.
PDSINC, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.