Business Solutions Architect I
Please note: This position has the possibility to work remotely up to 100% of the time. The position will require occasional travel to the Phoenix corporate offices and/or site locations . This position may be performed anywhere in the U.S. except California, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Michigan, Illinois, Kentucky and New York. Additional states may be excluded from remote work based on business factors. Should the positions shift to in-office work in the future, the company will offer relocation benefits at that time should the position meet the established eligibility for these benefits.
Provide architecting and project management functions for application platforms and serve as a liaison with the business to define requirements and translate them into system solutions. Analyze existing and/or proposed systems, implement, integrate, monitor and optimize appropriate strategies, processes, systems and methodologies to support business operations, corporate objectives and initiatives. Identify opportunities in the following areas: information systems, business process redesign, and continuous improvement.
- Ensure system analysis designs and process maps are documented and communicated with Business Executives and Senior Management
- Work closely with business areas globally, define business-centric MIS requirements and evaluate available and/or custom system solution options
- Collaborate with internal and external teams that identify key suppliers, strategic alliances, and process improvements
- Work with business process owners to understand tactical and strategic plans in order to support business processes and operations
- Work with the custom, packaged, business intelligence, and operations platform project teams on building and executing business systems project plans and support
- Understand all MIS related user satisfaction issues within assigned business processes; communicate and lead resolution of issues with MIS management
- Help with production support, including system configuration, system monitoring, and updating interfaces
- Provide specific business-centric expertise to global MIS projects
- Analyze business and systems needs in terms of functional and technical requirements
- Support and promote MIS strategy that aligns with business processes and operations
Bachelor's degree and three (3) years of experience in an Information Services, Process Technology field
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
- Position is based in a busy, non-smoking office located in Phoenix, AZ; although regular travel to all mine and plant operating locations (including South America and Indonesia) is expected
- Visits to mine and plant settings may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, explosives, fumes or airborne particles.
- Must be able to frequently sit, stand and walk
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry up to ten (10) pounds
- Project demands will dictate varied work hours
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, or manufacturing plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required
We provide an industry-leading benefits package with some of the lowest cost to employees – offering health, wellness, life insurance, paid time off, retirement savings and more. These benefits are available to you and your dependents starting day one. Our comprehensive benefits program is important to how we support the health and wellness of employees and their families. For further benefits information please click here: Benefits Details
The estimated annual pay range for this role is currently $89,000-$129,000. This range reflects base salary only and does not include bonus payments, benefits or retirement contributions. Actual base pay is determined by experience, qualifications, skills and other job-related factors. This role is eligible for additional discretionary and incentive payment considerations based on company and individual performance. More details will be shared during the hiring process.
We look forward to reviewing your application. We encourage everyone to apply - even if every box isn’t checked for what you are looking for or what is required.
PDSINC, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.