Job Number: 22462
Workplace Type: On-Site
Creates and executes comprehensive strategy for surgical services through the perioperative services departments and the various employed specialist or proceduralist clinics assigned to the service line. Oversees, directs and supervises leaders for all perioperative departments as well as the employed physician clinics across multiple communities. Assesses physician needs and plans for the recruitment and retention of all necessary physicians, whether employed or independent. Influences and facilitates change in collaboration with hospitals and physician practices. Supervises and directs the activities of various levels of assigned personnel using both professional and supervisory discretion and independent judgment.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in business, healthcare or equivalent combination of education/related experience: Required
- Master's Degree: Preferred
- Ten years' healthcare experience: Preferred
- Five years' leadership experience: Preferred
- Three years' experience in managing a major surgical service line: Preferred
- Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in the state of practice: Preferred
- Determines the strategic direction of all perioperative services programs and activities as well as the direction and strategy for all assigned specialty clinics across multiple communities. Works closely with executive and physician leadership to establish strategic priorities in recruitment and retention of procedural physicians and advanced practice providers. Acts as a key advisor to senior management on the development of overall policy and long-term strategy for the organization.
- Continually assesses effectiveness of service line strategies and develops new and innovative services and programs that meet established and documented community needs. Ensures that approved strategic plans are fully and successfully implemented and reports regularly to the executive team on progress. Regularly surveys the market for new and enhanced revenue generation opportunities.
- Accepts full accountability for all employee and physician engagement, human resources, cost and financial results and outcomes. Builds on existing perioperative benchmarks and targets to assess operational gains and to demonstrate the impact of services. Responsible for the quality and effectiveness of patient care delivered in the clinics by the employed physicians and support staff as well as in the perioperative environment by the clinical and support staff. Exercises independent judgment when recruiting, training, coaching, supervising and responsibly directing assigned staff.
- Oversees perioperative and outpatient clinical quality outcomes and patient satisfaction through data registries, reports, indicators and accreditation functions, while collaborating with site quality and service leaders.
- Collaborates with regional finance leadership to fulfill monitoring and reporting processes to ensure accurate and timely capture and reporting of revenue and expenses for the perioperative service line. Collaborates with other departments across the organization that intersect with and support the successful implementation of strategic and business plans for the perioperative service line. Builds effective connections with and coordinates actions and strategies to support community partners or affiliates.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
We look forward to reviewing your application. We encourage everyone to apply - even if every box isn’t checked for what you are looking for or what is required.
PDSINC, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.