Job Category: Structural/Stress
Job Number: 22767
Workplace Type: Hybrid
Structural Engineer - Advanced (9-15 Years)
Employment Type: Contract
Job Number: 22767
Workplace Type: On - Site
• Job responsibilities include performing strength, fatigue and fracture analysis for propulsion and structural components, including non-linear analysis for the Major Development Structural Analysis Team.
• Candidate will be required to create analysis models, perform hand calculations and have an understanding of analysis best practices to provide strength inputs and recommendations for new designs and installations.
• Candidate will be required to review and approve 3-D engineering layouts, 3-D models, designs / drawings and 2-D drawing changes for a variety of propulsion, fluid system, and mechanical system components.
• Candidate will make engineering design recommendations with consideration of thermal, mechanical and pressure loading using appropriate material properties, configurations, safety factors, etc.
• Analysis results will be documented in strength reports.
• Candidate will support internal peer reviews, tabletop reviews and formal design reviews as needed.
• Will also need to support fast paced design/analysis cycles and be able to evaluate hardware non-conformances to support production activities.
• The engineer must be able to work independently and coordinate their efforts across their functional and product teams.
Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related field
- 9-15 years of structural engineering
- Experience or familiarity with the following tools/software:
- • NASGRO fracture mechanics tool.
• Unix/Linux mainframe based analysis tools.
• MS office (word, excel, ppt)
We look forward to reviewing your application. We encourage everyone to apply - even if every box isn’t checked for what you are looking for or what is required.
PDSINC, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.