Job Category: Structural/Stress
Job Number: 22721
Workplace Type: On-Site
Strength Engineer - Intermediate (5-9 yrs)
Employment Type: Contract
Job Number: 22721
Workplace Type: On - Site
Design and Analysis of mechanical and fluid support systems for the Reuse Program on Vulcan Development at United Launch Alliance. Application of various analytical methods to quantify strength and stability margins including closed form solutions, FEA, and fatigue/fracture mechanics. Application of mechanical engineering principles to the planning, design, development, and testing of mechanical systems.
• Performing strength, fatigue, and fracture analysis of structural components, including non-linear analysis for the Vulcan Development Structural Analysis Team.
• Candidate will be required to create analysis models, perform hand calculations and have an understanding of analysis best practices to provide strength inputs and recommendations for new designs and installations.
• Candidate will be required to review and approve 3-D engineering layouts, 3-D models, designs / drawings and 2-D drawing changes for a variety of mechanical system components.
• Candidate will make engineering design recommendations with consideration of thermal, mechanical and pressure loading using appropriate material properties, configurations, safety factors, etc.
• Analysis results will be documented in strength reports.
• Candidate will support internal peer reviews, tabletop reviews and formal design reviews as needed.
• Will also need to support fast paced design/analysis cycles and be able to evaluate hardware non-conformances to support production activities.
• The engineer must be able to work independently and coordinate their efforts across their functional and product teams.
• NX CAD/Simulation.
• NASGRO fracture mechanic's tool.
• Unix/Linux mainframe-based analysis tools.
• MS office (word, excel, ppt).
Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related field
- 5-9 years experience as a Strength Engineer or similar engineering role
- Experience or familiarity with the following tools/software:
- NASTRAN (Static, Modal, Dynamic and Non-Linear Analysis Solutions)
- FEMAP pre/post processor
We look forward to reviewing your application. We encourage everyone to apply - even if every box isn’t checked for what you are looking for or what is required.
PDSINC, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.